'...this I have resolved on, to wit, to run when I can, to go when I cannot run, and to creep when I cannot go.'

Saturday 1 January 2011

Guidance

Christmas in Northern Ireland and a bout of some sort of viral infection subsequently - perhaps a mild form of flu - though we had our vaccinations, have kept me away from the computer. I have been very impressed by Graham Miller's autobiography, A Day's March Nearer Home, and even more by the character of its author. It is well worth reading and pondering. I have been particularly struck by his reference to Oswald Chambers' definition of guidance:'a deep sense of the rightness of things'. This seems to me to be absolutely correct. It doubtless could be abused, nearly everything can be, but for the person who truly desires to walk in the ways of the Lord this seems to hit the right note.