'...this I have resolved on, to wit, to run when I can, to go when I cannot run, and to creep when I cannot go.'

Saturday 26 November 2011

Apologetics


From December's Evangelical Times I was directed to www.thedawkinsproof.com which I found telling - it is worth looking at - and downloading if you wish. I am also reading one of the more recent biggies from Apollos - Christian Apologetics by Douglas Groothuis. It will take me a little while to get through its 700 pages. I have found it easier, and more interesting reading than some of his other books. How far I shall agree with all of it, I don't know, but the more important point is that it is a comprehensive overview so it is a reminder of many things already read about previously. The only problem is that my memory is not what it used to be - which might have been thought to be an advantage, but sadly is not for it seems to be getting worse. In my view there has been a neglect of apologetics in recent years, not on the part of John Blanchard though, for whose continued ministry we give thanks. A reason for our hope is an important part of evangelism.