'...this I have resolved on, to wit, to run when I can, to go when I cannot run, and to creep when I cannot go.'

Wednesday 5 September 2012

'I Stand for Truth'


While preparing to write the biography of Ernest Kevan I found a reference in Ian Randall’s book on the history of London Bible College to an autobiographical book entitled ‘I Stand for Truth’ by Donald Guthrie, one of the tutors. However, I could find no mention of this book anywhere else. Just the other day I found it on the website of Ian White; www.whites.me.uk under the heading Donald Guthrie. There is also a brief description of how these chapters came to be discovered after Donald Guthrie’s death. I found it most interesting, which is why I am writing this post. At LBC I greatly appreciated Donald Guthrie both as a Christian man and a lecturer and I am very glad his book is available. Incidentally, ‘I Stand for Truth’ is the motto of the Guthrie clan.