'...this I have resolved on, to wit, to run when I can, to go when I cannot run, and to creep when I cannot go.'

Saturday 24 December 2011

The fulfilment of the law

I have just downloaded the article referred to in January’s Banner of Truth magazine: Eschatological Fulfilment and the Confirmation of Mosaic Law: 9A Response to D. A. Carson and Fred Zaspel on Matthew 5:17-48) written by Greg Welty and reviewed by Walt Chantry. I haven’t read Carson on the subject but a few months ago I was looking at the passage in question. Having read verse 18 ‘For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law until all is fulfilled’ I read on until I came to what our Lord says about murder. And I thought: ‘Yes, that law will never be fulfilled in me until heaven and earth pass away and I am made fully like my Saviour.’